Friday, October 2, 2009

Upcoming week: October 5-9

Hi everyone,

I have been away from school Thursday and Friday at a workshop. If you e-mailed me during this time, I will respond on Monday. I have a lot of grading to get through this weekend and will have updated grades on Monday morning. The high school will be printing and sending progress reports home on Monday afternoon. This next week is a short one for students, with the teacher's institute being held on Friday. Here are the upcoming events for each class:

1st and 2nd hours
We will be starting personal business letters this week. Only three more weeks left of this class and students will be on their way to their next humanities class.

5th and 7th hours
On Monday, we will complete our last career activity. Tuesday, we will review for the test and Wednesday we will take the test over the careers chapter. I will also collect notes on Wednesday. On Thursday I'm planning something a bit different...I haven't quite decided, yet.

6th hour
The students are currently researching one of the nine United States Supreme Court justices. Each student will make a mini presentation this week on his/her research. Ideally, we will take a test on Thursday over chapter 3. I will collect notes the day of the test.

9th hour
We will finish up reports this week. The test over reports will be Wednesday, October 14th, with review the previous day. Next, we will start resumes and cover letters.

Again, if you have any questions/comments, please e-mail me.

MD

No comments:

Post a Comment