Sunday, December 9, 2012

Week of December 10 - 14

Hi everyone,

Well, last week certainly did not go the way I had planned! I was out four days last week. As your child may have told you, I have MS. Most of the time, this does not affect my teaching, but every now and then, it throws me for a loop. I'll be back tomorrow and hopefully will make it to Christmas break without another day out.

Now, on to the schedule for this week:

Computers 1
On Monday, we are going to go over all the work completed in my absence. By now, the students seem to be pros at using functions in Excel. We will also review on Monday. Then, I'm planning on having a test on Tuesday. If I feel like they aren't ready, we will push it back to Wednesday. Later in the week, we will complete an activity together doing a few more advanced functions in Excel. This info will not be on the final exam.

Business Concepts
On Monday, we will finish Maxed Out. On Tuesday and Wednesday, we will take notes over a very short chapter 19, on savings and mortgages. On Thursday, study guides will be due and we will review for the test and on Friday we will take the test.

Business Law
On Monday, we will finish Twelve Angry Men. On Tuesday, we will begin preparing for debates, the final class project. In groups, students will write a brief arguing their position and then will debate another group during class. I will pick the topics.

I think that's it for this week. Have a good one!

MD

No comments:

Post a Comment