Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Week of January 6

Hi everyone,



It looks like tomorrow we will actually be having school, so I decided to make my first post of the semester. I hope everyone enjoyed their snow days. Thanks for stopping by the blog, which I usually update on Saturday or Sunday with information about the upcoming week. This week's post will have a short description of each class as well as the schedule for the first week.

On Thursday, I will hand out the syllabus for each class and let everyone know what to expect during the semester.

Business Concepts 1
This class is considered a consumer education credit. Students will learn about real-life scenarios, such as finding a job, making smart buying decisions, filing taxes, using a checkbook, using credit cards, etc. The class is one semester in length and is a graduation requirement.

On Friday, we will start chapter one, which covers consumers and their role in the economy. There will be no outside homework for this week.

Computers 2
This class covers both Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Publisher. Students will learn the basics of PowerPoint, including sounds, animations, and timings during the first quarter. Publisher will be introduced during the second quarter when students create flyers, brochures, and newsletters. The class is one semester in length and is an elective. There will not be work to take home for this class, as it is all completed in the computer lab. However, students will be responsible for studying for tests. I haven't taught this class since I did my student teaching...nine years ago! Hopefully, I'm not too rusty.

On Friday, we will start with the first chapter in PowerPoint, working through the activity as a class. 

I think that's it for this week. Have a good one.

MD

No comments:

Post a Comment