Sunday, January 26, 2014

Week of January 27

Hi everyone,

Well, this week should be interesting. As all of my classes know, I have MS. It doesn't usually affect my teaching other than some handwriting issues and occasional balance/walking problems. And my need to keep my classroom quite cool as some of your children may have mentioned!

The reason I'm mentioning it now, is that I have been receiving a pretty massive dose of IV steroids the last couple of days to treat some issues I've been having related to the MS. My last dose is Monday before my first class. Sometimes after an infusion, I do okay and other times it can get pretty awful. I have every intention of being at school, but if I can't make it through and need to go home, the plans may change slightly. The schedule below is what I would like to accomplish if all goes smoothly. If it's bumpier than planned there may be slight changes, but I will do my best to stick to the following:

Computers 2
On Monday, students will do another PowerPoint activity choosing their own design theme, fonts, etc. On Tuesday, we will review for the first test and on Wednesday, students will take a test over the first project. All tests in this class have two parts: a written portion and a production portion. All written portion questions come from the reading guide which students completed in class and can take home to use as a study guide. For the production portion, students will create PowerPoints using the techniques they learned in this chapter. On Thursday, students will watch a movie about technology.

Business Concepts
We will start chapter 2 on Monday, which covers consumer protection laws and making smart buying decisions. On Monday and Tuesday, we will do notes and students will work in groups on PowerPoints about identity theft. On Wednesday, we will continue notes and look at issues of Consumer Reports magazine. On Thursday, students will read an article about Facebook privacy on the internet.

Thursday is the reward field trip for students with zero referrals, zero tardies, and no more than two absences during the first semester. I will be one of the chaperones. Students who attend the field trip are not responsible for making up work missed in my class that day. They deserve it! Also, Friday is parent/teacher conferences. I look forward to meeting those of you who are able to drop in.

I think that's it for this week. Remember, if you ever have any questions/comments, please feel free to e-mail me at mdunn@vandals.k12.il.us

MD

No comments:

Post a Comment